Welcome to Brain Waves, our blog for news and information related to the brain and learning.
- » Too Many Kids with Dyslexia Are Left Behind: Here’s Why Sunday October 15, 2017 7:44pm
Everything necessary to provide learners with dyslexia with an appropriate education has been available for decades. Why is it taking so long for evidence-based action?
- » 3 Ways Poverty Impacts Children Learning to Read Wednesday October 4, 2017 10:32pm
Primary factors that impact children from homes of poverty and how educators can positively influence reading and learning skills by understanding how students' brains function.
- » How Fast ForWord Fills In Missing Literacy Skills in Autism: One Mom’s Story Thursday September 28, 2017 5:40pm
There's no go-to handbook for parents that have a child with special needs or learning differences. But you can learn from others' experiences.
- » It starts in the brain. That’s why it works. Thursday September 14, 2017 3:54pm
Angie Sees Immediate Improvements in her Son with Auditory Processing Disorder ADD.
- » The For-Real Science of Brain Training Monday June 5, 2017 7:59pm
Despite skepticism, research shows how cognitive exercises benefit cancer survivors, children with attention deficits, people with schizophrenia, and others.
- » The Stamp Of Poverty Thursday January 19, 2017 12:00am
Growing up in a poor family can leave a mark on the developing brain. Understanding how and why has important implications for educators and society.
- » The Mind Of An Octopus Thursday January 19, 2017 12:00am
Eight smart limbs plus a big brain add up to a weird and wondrous kind of intelligence.
- » Training Your Child’s Brain Wednesday October 12, 2016 12:00am
Parent Coaching Tips that factor into reading successes and the development & performance of lifelong learners.